Adding sourdough starter with all other ingredients, but bear in mind that it won't taste sour from the bread
Fresh coconut water that i kept in the fridge
Ready to go in the oven , before egg wash
So soft and fluffy, the way i like !
If you wish to try this recipe but don't have natural yeast, then you can use 1tsp instant yeast, 350g bread flour, 120g fresh coconut water, and around 100g water ( adjust accordingly or you may change it to coconut water), the rest ingredients remain unchanged.
Coconut water White Loaf_natural yeast 天然酵母_椰子水面包*for a loaf pan 10cmx20cmx9.5cm(H)250g High protein flour or bread flour200g Natural yeast from sourdough starter (culture with bread flour) 100% hydration30g sugar10g milk powder
120g fresh coconut water25g butter, room tempEgg wash- egg +milkMethod
- Bring out sourdough starter from the fridge. Feed it with 20g bread flour and 20g water ( if you have less starter, you can feed more) or without feeding it if your starter is active -use it very often (usually I follow this method). Allow to peak, take less than 2hrs. You may perform a float test. Drop a small spoon of starter into water, if its float, then means you may start to use the starter.
- In a stand mixer, add in all ingredients except butter, mix and knead till smooth. Slowly add in coconut water and adjust the amount accordingly as your starter might have difference % of hydration and difference brand of flour also has difference moisture.
- Add in butter, knead till elastic and shining dough. Cover and set aside to proof till double in size (~2hrs).
- Punch down the dough to expel air. Equally divide dough into 3 equal balls, then allow to rest for another 15 minutes.
- Flatten the dough into a rectangle shape and roll it up or just roll into balls, then place it in the Pullman tin. Final proofing at warm place till about 90% full ( ~3-4hrs). Egg wash the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190C for 30-35mins. Loosely cover the top with foil when it is browning (~15mins) .
- Removed loaf tin from the oven, immediately remove loaf from the tin. Cool on wire rack before slicing.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover