As to incorporate the red dates and goji berries in this muffin, i cook them till soft and blend it.
This time i tried baking with only parchment paper , simply cut the paper in square 5"x5'", then push them into muffin holes.
No artificial colouring but just natural colours from the red dates and goji berries.
I didn't want to add too much of baking powder, so these muffins didn't rise that much. Nevertheless, the texture is soft and moist, especially when kept it till the next day. I especially love the crunch when bite the pumpkin seeds.
Red dates and Goji berries Muffin 红枣枸杞玛芬*makes 6 muffin40g red dates ( seedless and slices into small pieces)10g goji berries150g water80g sunflower oil or corn oil
2 eggs ( large or A size)40g caster sugar100g cake flour1/2tsp baking powderA pinch of fine salt40g pumpkin seeds, toastedMethod
- Mix red dates, goji berries and water in a saucepan, cook over low heat until soft and water evaporated, take about 10-15mins. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender, add in cooked red dates and goji berries and sunflower oil, blend till fine. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir eggs and sugar with a hand whisk till sugar dissolved. Add in blended red dates mixture, mix well.
- Sift in cake flour, baking powder and salt into batter, stir to combine well. Add in pumpkin seeds, mix to combine.
- Fill prepared muffin pan or paper liners with batter, bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 25mins or until a skewer inserted came out clean.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover