If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Blueberries Yogurt Muffin 蓝莓干奶酪马芳

The other day i made this muffin for afternoon tea. Because I wanted to use this lovely liners and dried blueberries that given by my blogger friends (Thanks friends !!)


IMG_8861 copy

very very sweet and natural dried blueberries from Canada..
you may replaced with fresh blueberries or use dried cranberries if you are not able to find this.



don't need a mixer to mix the batter, quick and easy..
IMG_8799


IMG_8801



I could not detected the yogurt taste in this muffin, but the texture of this muffin is less sweet, dense, soft and moist (keep till next day the better ) ..But we find the cake taste is a bit plain when we were not biting together with dried blueberrie, maybe next time i will add some lemon zest..
And i was running out of milk, so i replaced milk with heavy cream..
IMG_8847 copy


Blueberries Yogurt Muffin蓝莓干奶酪马芳
(recipe source: adapted from 孟老师的100道小蛋糕, with minor changes) **makes 12 muffins
2 eggs
IMG_8830 copy 100g caster sugar
120g corn oil
70g milk ( I replaced with 40g heavy cream + 30g water)
140g natural yogurt (original use 160g)
200g cake flour
2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
100g dried blueberries (you may replaced with fresh blueberries or dried cranberries)

Method
1. Use a hand whisk, whisk eggs and sugar till combine.
2. Add in corn oil, combine well.
3. Add in milk and yogurt, mix well.
4. Sift in flour, baking powder and baking soda, stir well.
5. Add in dried blueberries, combine well.
6. Spoon batter into prepared liners with about 70% full.
7. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180C for 25mins.


I felt heartache when tearing this beautiful liner, LOL !

IMG_8875

43 comments:

Yummy Bakes said...

Beautiful muffins. I like the liners too. :)

Mel said...

Hi Sonia
I think I like to try this one day....any cakes that uses yogurt, buttermilk or sour cream I sure love it because the texture would wouldturn out soft or moist. And moreover this recipe you adapted from....(oh the chinese words I do not know how to pronouce but I know this teacher is a good pastry chef, so any recipe from her is sure good, right?)

Small Kucing said...

looks like Huat Koh.

Yum...just nice for afternoon tea

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Agree with Small Kucing, nice for afternoon tea...

ann low said...

The liner is very pretty!

小雨伞 said...

杯子好美,好复古风!
看你把被子撕开,心痛... 哈哈哈

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

The muffin cups look so pretty. Ur miffins look soft and fluffy.

This recipe from 孟老师 is one of my favaroute muffin recipes when I need a quick fix coz it yields very soft muffin and very easy to make. My son likes it a lot too. I do agree that the muffin itself is quite plain in taste, I usually add few drops of vanilla extract, if not I will use flavoured yogurt and reduce the sugar.

Tracy Low said...

蓝莓我不是很喜欢,但很喜欢看你做的食物

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

我来吃了
顺便来拿早餐:)

PH said...

The muffin liners are very pretty!

Eileen, Hundred Eighty Degrees said...

I love the cup liner, is so sweet and very Victorian style

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

yummy muffin and pretty cake liners too!

MunatyCooking said...

Looks so yummy and cute!

Li Shuan said...

Yummy muffin! The texture of the muffin is smooth and soft. I also 不舍得use my cupcake liner leh.., haha.. Ok.. I'll use it next week

Azie Kitchen said...

Does the cake moist? I am looking for a moist muffin

Ana Regalado said...

I love blueberry muffins ! Your muffins looks yummy and so pretty esp baked in the dainty liners :D

Alice said...

this is great for tea time :) yoghurt used in it, i like :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Azie, yes, it is moist but not buttery because vegetable oil is used,

pepper bowl said...

Love those superb Muffins!! cant wait to try this yogurt version!!!
today's

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

非常美的小蛋糕,不舍的吃了!

Baby Sumo said...

Hehe go buy more of the liners and bake more! :)

Gabriela said...

Hola Sonia! Me encantan estos muffins!!! Son ideales! Y que esponjosos y suaves se ven! Un besote y que oases una buena semana, Gaby.

Agnes CF Lee said...

I noticed that you have a matching table cloth and muffin cupcake cases, perfect combination.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Love yogurt muffins too! The cupcake cup is very lady like. :)

jehanne@thecookingdoctor said...

ur muffins are so nice, sonia..merekah like blossoms! i love to put yogurt in my cakes too, makes it really really soft.

Artsylicious said...

Sonia, very elegant and classic cupcakes! glad that u like the blueberry!

Angelic Heart~ said...

i baked this muffin once last time. Yours one looks beautiful with lovely muffin cup.

MeRy said...

The muffins look good....

Mich Piece of Cake said...

Love the texture of the muffins, so soft and fluffy.

Anonymous said...

I have blueberry filling sitting in my fridge and seeing your delightful pictures I wonder if I can replace the blueberries with the filling. If so could you please give the advice? Thank you- Ann

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, this recipe comes just in time, will use it for one of my coming picnics! Hmmm, who could be the friends who gave you these, hehehe!

yvonne said...

Sonia, your muffins are gorgeous! I agree with Small Kucing that they rose like Huat Koh :)

Chef and Sommelier said...

Chi, your cupcake liner looks so English... nice! I like!

lena said...

very pretty liners, sonia..like cottage style !

ICook4Fun said...

That is one very English looking liner. Love the look of your muffins. How get get such a nice dome shape. Mine always slant to one side.

chefgonin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Ann, yes, you can replaced with blueberries filling , or you may refer to an old recipe-http://nasilemaklover.blogspot.com/2009/11/blueberry-jam-muffins.html.

The Sudden Cook said...

The liners are a beauty! I love recipes that don't involve mixers - how I wish fresh blueberries were cheaper here!

Hankerie said...

Oh yum!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia
Can we use canola oil instead of corn oil ?

BeautyMe said...

Hi Sonia,

So lovely all these muffins. My son sure will like it...will make soon!

Unknown said...

Hi Sonia
Can I use berries yogurt instead of plain yogurt?

http://dapurresepnusantara.blogspot.com/ said...

very pretty liners, sonia..like cottage style !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin