I think is time for me to "Sou Kong" and take a short break from blogging and enjoy the Dragon New Year. Yesterday i did my last batch of baking (maybe not the last, i'm not sure ^_^)of pineapple rolls. I still using back my old recipe and made little changes and resulted a very flaky and buttery pineapple rolls. So far, I have not seen a pineapple tart or rolls that same like my recipe which requires only 4 ingredients, Butter, Condensed Milk, Flour and Egg yolk, cheap and easy ! The other day Jane came over to my house, and I heard she talked to someone who asking for pineapple tart recipe, and she told her to use Sonia's condensed milk pineapple tart recipe, hahaha!
A bamboo green plant given by Jane..
Pineapple rolls (Nastar) 凤梨酥
(recipe source: by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover) , makes around 170pcs
100g condensed milk (I use F&N Sweetened creamer Vitaminised)
510g plain flour / all purpose flour
2 egg yolks
2 egg yolks, for egg wash
700g Pineapple filling (homemade or store-bought)
1. Cream butter and condensed milk till light.
2. Add in egg yolk one at a time, and beat until combine.
3. Mix in flour, mix till become a soft and not sticky dough.
4. Put dough into a Nastar mould and press out into strips about 5-6cm long.
5. Place pineapple jam filling on the edge of a strip and make a small elongated roll.
6. Cut off excess dough, brush with egg glaze.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 170c for 15-18mins or till golden brown.
8. Cool on wire racks before storing.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you A Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year. May the year of Dragon bring all of you good luck, health and happiness !!