If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Charity visit to Rumah Titian Kasih

Ramadhan is here again, the month of forgiveness, sharing and caring. My husband and his office members take this opportunity to have a charity visit to Rumah Titian Kasih on last Sunday. Rumah Titian Kasih is a home for orphanage and single mothers. Founded in 1988, Rumah Titian Kasih is now having more than 100 Malay residents, including orphans,single mothers and warga emas. This was my first time to visit an Orphanage home, I brought my kids too,as this is an opportunity for them to experience a difference world.. How a meaningful Sunday !!!


-One of member giving them "duit Raya"- token/Angpao




-Bring them to nearby supermarket to shop for their new clothes





- This small boy can't wait to try out his new "Raya" clothes..

In order for them to survive the daily expenses at Rumah Titian Kasih, the single mothers of this house are making and selling traditional ‘kuih-muih’ during this Ramadhan.





















-Their small Library, old books from donation







-Desmond playing with the only Chinese orphan in this home





-Rumah Titian Kasih..






-This home just nearby the Lake Titiwangsa Kuala Lumpur, manage to catch the Twin Towers shot.

















‘We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But if that drop was not in the ocean, I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.’~ Mother Teresa


Wishing all Muslims a Selamat Hari Raya, maaf zahir dan batin..

15 comments:

Rachel Hei said...

I was having a Charity visit once in my hometown before Chinese New Year few year ago. After visited them then you will feel a difference kind of world. A very deep feeling for me is, we should treasure what we are having right now because we are the lucky one..

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Rachel, I have the same feeling like you, we are just lucky and we should appreciate for what we have it now.

Palidor said...

That's incredible, Sonia! I bet all the children in the orphanage were so happy that day. Thank you for sharing photos.

petite nyonya said...

A wonderfully noble action!

Bakeling said...

Selamat Hari Aidilfitri ,Sonia .


It was a meaningful deed for the Sunday !

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Palidor, no problem.

Petite nyonya, Thank you. you can do that too.

Bakeling, you should wish me Happy holiday lar..hahaha..

Little Corner of Mine said...

That's a nice thing you did. Yup, we are the blessed one and should really complaint less.

米亚 said...

yes... you are right... sometimes we didnt realise how lucky we are till we meet these people... we should be contented with our lives...

Jean said...

lotsa cookies! yummy! nice scenery!

ps you're invited to comment on my post too =)

Beachlover said...

hiyooo...how come I didn't know near Tasik Titiwangsa have Rumah Tatian Kasih,,orphange home:( I lived about 100 steps to the Taman tasik for 18 years before..both my primary and secondary school is around the tasik too.most of the time I ronda ronda near Jln Pahang,Chow Kit and Pekeliling flat here after school..my grandma home was there for last 50 years.where it's this place actually? it's a nice things to do...giving.:)

Nancymommy said...

把我们多余的爱和时间给需要的人,是件多么值得和有意义的事!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

LCOM,yes, you are right.

Mia,we should bless what we have it right now.

SJ, Thanks.

Beachlover, maybe you should find one day and visit them.

Thanks Nancy.

Cheryl said...

What a kind and meaningful thing to do. Very inspiring post! :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Cheryl, Thanks for dropping by.

Colin Woon said...

That's really nice of you guys to organize something like that! It means a lot to the less fortunate, definitely a good cause!

I should get off my lazy butt and start contributing to society.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin