If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cup Bread !!! (Brioche)

Knowing this French deliciously rich bread (Brioche) from a food magazine, I immediately give a try. Some of the measurement mentioned in that magazine was inaccurate, that's why I do not want to mention this magazine name. I have no choice, use my own judgement, add here and there, surprisingly the result was really great. You must try this recipe, the bread tasted like bread and also tasted little like cake(when hot) , can you imagine it !!! Outside is crispy, inside is soft, buttery, very difficult to describe, you must bake yourself and taste it. So far, I have not seen this kind of bread selling in bakery shop here.


I don't have muffin mould, so I use the paper cup to bake , thus it became cup bread, hahaha!!!

















Recipe:-
Yeast base - mix 1 tbsp lukewarm water with 5g of instant dried yeast, set aside until frothy.

250g of high proten flour or bread flour
40g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 medium-size eggs
100-125g of softened butter


1) Combine flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the yeast base and eggs. Mix until it forms a smooth sticky dough. (Take note- keep in mind that the dough is always very sticky, don't be tempted to add extra flour !!)

2) Add the softened butter and knead for about 5 minutes. Rest the dough for 1 hour.

3) Knead the dough again and cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.

4) Dust the worktop with flour, shape the dough to your preference shape.

5) Set aside again to proof until doubled in size.

6) Brush the top with the beaten eggs and bake in preheated oven at 180c for 20minutes.



**Total preparation time : 4 hours ( quite long hour, so bake it when you are free )
** The bread turned quite dry in the next day, so advise you to finish at the same day.

9 comments:

Nancymommy said...

可以拿几个吗?还没吃早餐呢...要是手上有这面包再配着一杯coffee,那该有多棒....

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Ya, you are right, this bread is nice to accompany with a cup of coffee. I think this is also nice to eat together with chicken curry.

Colin Woon said...

I want some too! Ya ya...like you girls said, it will go well with a cup of coffee!

Good job Emile, you outdone the magazine! 4 hours to make?! Wow!

温馨小屋 said...

look so special *_*..
no need to add water or milk, just add eggs....
sure, i will try to do this weekend...thanks for the recipe ya !!

米亚 said...

I love the cup bread~ Looks really fluffy and delicious~ Can I have some please?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, need patient only get good food mah.

Felvinc, call me if you are not clear. Dont prepare too many, it will get very dry on the next day.

米亚, try to bake when you are free.

卡珞 said...

I like this Brioche a lot! Thanks for sharing... I will try it out only when I got my new kitchen, now it is a little bit hard for me to bake. You did a great job here... thanks for sharing!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Carroyl, take some photos of your new kitchen and show us, I especially like to see other peoples kitchen. You too have a good blog, a lot of good recipes there. But every time I tried to leave you a message, I couldn't proceed , it pop out with error messages, I dont know why.

Pamella Ling said...

I had made this...taste very nice when fresh from oven!! thank you for the receipe!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin